Sunday, May 27, 2012

God's Standard for Hearing Our Prayers

Galatians 6:2   Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.
(God is not going to ask us to do something and then when we do it not reward our obedience.)
And the law of Christ, as I see it, was laid out when Jesus Himself said that the Two greatest commandments were to love God FIRST with your whole heart, soul, mind, and spirit and SECOND to love thy neighbor as thyself.   And if you love your neighbor as much as you love yourself then you will be caring about and bearing his burdens.

Matthew 7:7-12
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
James 4:2-3
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

John 14:13-14
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
John 15:7
If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 

 Matthew 18:19-20
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
1 Timothy 2:8
I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
James 1:5-6
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.


These scriptures are promises to you that God does hear your prayers and that He will answer them. You must note however that in these scriptures there are certain conditions surrounding answered prayer.
Scriptures from KJV.

  • 2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
  • Psalm 145:18-19
    The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
  • Proverbs 15:8
    The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.
  • Isaiah 65:24
    And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
  • Jeremiah 33:3
    Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
  • Mark 11:24
    Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
  • Romans 8:26
    Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
  • Matthew 21:22
    And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
  • Matthew 6:8
    Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
  • Matthew 7:7
    Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
  • Matthew 7:11
    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
  • Matthew 18:19
    Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
  • Luke 11:9
    And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
  • Luke 11:13
    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
  • John 11:22
    But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.
  • John 14:13
    And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
  • John 14:14
    If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
  • John 15:7
    If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
  • John 15:16
    Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
  • John 16:23
    And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
  • John 16:24
    Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
  • 1 John 5:14
    And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
  • 1 John 5:15
    And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
God doesn't hear sinners.
JOHN 9:31
Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshiper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
PSALM 66:18
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.