Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Praying for Others

Praying For Others

Job 42:10 ESV 

And the Lord restored the fortunes of Job, when he had prayed for his friends. And the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Ephesians 6:18 ESV 

Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

1 Timothy 2:1 ESV 

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,

Romans 8:26-27 ESV 

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

James 5:13 ESV 

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

Romans 8:26 ESV

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

John 14:13 ESV 

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

James 5:16 ESV

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

John 15:7 ESV

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Romans 12:9 ESV 

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

Matthew 6:10 ESV

Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Matthew 6:7 ESV 

“And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words.

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV 

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Luke 18:1 ESV 

And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

James 2:18 ESV 

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Romans 8:1-39 ESV 

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. ...

Matthew 6:11 ESV 

Give us this day our daily bread,

Galatians 3:27 ESV 

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Romans 8:28 ESV 

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Philippians 4:6 ESV 

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Matthew 6:13 ESV

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

James 2:24 ESV 

You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Matthew 5:43-45 ESV 

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Hebrews 11:7 ESV 

By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household. By this he condemned the world and became an heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.

Luke 11:6-10 ESV 

For a friend of mine has arrived on a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and he will answer from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed. I cannot get up and give you anything’? I tell you, though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his impudence he will rise and give him whatever he needs. And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.

Matthew 6:33 ESV 

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 5:15 ESV 

Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.

Philippians 1:9-12 ESV

And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel,

Esther 4:15-16 ESV 

Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”

Ezra 8:22 ESV 

For I was ashamed to ask the king for a band of soldiers and horsemen to protect us against the enemy on our way, since we had told the king, “The hand of our God is for good on all who seek him, and the power of his wrath is against all who forsake him.”

Suggest a Verse

Enter a Verse Reference (e.g., John 3:16-17)


Visit the Bible online to search for words if you don’t know the specific passage your’re looking for.